Living with an Inherited Metabolic Disorder comes with many challenges. These rare conditions not only affect the patients themselves, but also family, friends and the wider network of people involved with providing care and support on a day-to-day basis. Here at Climb, we think of you all as our Metabolic Heroes – you are incredible!
To celebrate these inspirational people within our special community, we launched an exciting new campaign during Metabolic Disorders Awareness Week in July 2017…
My Metabolic Hero provides an opportunity for those affected by Inherited Metabolic Disorders to raise awareness by sharing stories about people that bravely live with conditions, or have helped and inspired them, by nominating them as their Metabolic Hero.
We have loved reading all of the wonderful nominations and we are delighted to share them with you, as voting is now…open!
Please feel free to share your favourite hero nominations on social media, and help us to celebrate the fantastic heroes in our metabolic community! Don’t forget to tag ClimbHQ and use the hashtag #mymetabolichero
Vote for your Metabolic Hero by midnight on 23rd September 2017, and the winning Hero and their nominator will each win a short break at Center Parcs!
Vote for your Metabolic Hero!
Terms and Conditions
- The individual nomination with the most votes overall by midnight (UK time) on Sunday 23rd September 2017 will be the winner of Climb’s My Metabolic Hero campaign 2017.
- Only votes via the official nominee pages on this website will be counted. ‘Likes’ on Facebook posts will not count as votes.
- The winner will be announced at Climb’s Annual Conference on 14th October 2017, on the website and social media channels.
- The winning Hero, and the person that submitted the winning nomination them will each win a short break at Center Parcs. Each prize will be in the form of gift vouchers to the value of £500 which can be used in payment or part payment of a break at any of Center Parcs’ UK Villages. Please refer to Center Parcs’ Gift Vouchers terms and conditions for further information. A cash alternative will be offered should the Metabolic Hero winner and/or their nominator reside outside the UK.
- You can vote for as many different Metabolic Heroes as you wish, however only one vote per person will be counted on each nomination. We reserve the right to disqualify multiple votes from the same IP address.